August 27, 2019
The setting crew has been hard at work, and we wanted to give you a bit of information about some changes you’ll see in the coming weeks:
- Bouldering grades are back! And the color circuit is out. Who’s stoked?! We’ll put suggested grades up on tape strips the day we set and make them officially official with placards approximately 1 week later.
- Faster turnover throughout the gym. Translation: The bouldering area used to turn over every 8+ weeks. We’re cutting that down to 6 weeks. And where some of the routes used to collect chalk for over 80 days, we’ll be swapping them out every 8-10 weeks. We’re still setting one area of ropes and boulders each week; those areas will just be larger with slightly decreased route density for the setting team to make this change happen.
- Auto Belays…they’re great! Three of them have been moved to give you new terrain to run laps on, AND all have been updated with bigger belay gates. Route density on each will also be increasing, so you’ll have more options to run said laps on. (P.S. Don’t forget to clip in!)
- New grips coming your way soon. Keep an eye out for never-before-seen, freshy-fresh holds.
- TJ Sanford (EVO Director of Coaching) has stepped up as Interim Head Routesetter. So when you see him in a helmet and protective eyewear, he’s not just posing as a setter 😉
—The EVO Lou Setting Crew