EVO Rock + Fitness wants to keep our staff and community as safe as possible during the concerns around the Coronavirus and the speed at which it is spreading. We’ve been monitoring the situation and working to respond appropriately using Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and recommendations. The well-being of our members, guests and staff is important to us, so we are taking several precautions in an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
What We Are Doing
We are doing everything we can to sanitize and disinfect all surfaces. We have increased the use and availability of disinfectant spray, towels and hand sanitizer here and doubled up efforts to keep surfaces and equipment clean. We will be disinfecting all surfaces daily including machines, doorknobs, tables, etc.
We will be following the Portland Public Schools closing protocol. If Portland schools are closed, we will be closing the facility. We of course will stay open as long as possible for our members and community. We will be happy to freeze memberships at no cost and if in the event of closing we will of course not charge the monthly membership fee.
What You Can Do
Feeling Sick? Rest at Home: We are encouraging our members and guests to take precautions if they are feeling sick. If you’re feeling sick, skip the climbing session—your body and your fellow climbers will thank you!
The CDC’s recommendations for preventing illnesses have been widely shared. A lot of these may seem rather obvious, but given the current situation, they’re worth repeating:
- Wash your hands thoroughly, as often as you can.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid contact with those that are sick
- Cover your cough or sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your arm/elbow.
At the Gym: We would like to encourage all of you to please do your part as well, to help minimize the risk to yourself and other patrons at EVO:
- We request that you use hand sanitizer upon arrival before using any of the gym equipment.
- Parents of young members, please help us to encourage the use of hand sanitizer upon arrival of your kids.
- Please wipe down all equipment touch surfaces before and after use either using a towel and spray.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Of course, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. All updates will be posted on Facebook and Instagram